All the planning is done - lesson plans with suggested tasks
Booklet for teachers: one for each year-group (Nursery and Reception are in one Booklet), Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 (for Scottish and NI schools =P1-P7/Y1-Y7)
Each 28 page Booklet contains 4 main workshops Click to view sample pages. Awareness and Knowledge of Traffic and its Environment, A safe strategy for crossing the road – using 5 alive, Visibility and An understanding of Signs and Symbols (content varies according to year). There is also a choice of longer Project workshops developing the learning of the four main lessons (Ages 5 - 11). Copies of the resource pages are included (most are provided).
The 5 Alive Roadwise Primary Project workshop resources also include: The Road Crossing Song CD (Ages 5 - 7). DVD with welcome video, other short videos for teachers and Power Points for use with classes and bookmarks for children.
- Interactive learning - whole class, group and individual work
- Lots of discussion, learning and taking personal responsibility
- Drama, craft work, planning and design
- DVD with video for teachers and power points involving interaction and discussion with children
- Resource pages are in each Booklet and additionally are printed as a resource pack for each year, ready for teachers to use in discussion and other group and individual work (the complete Primary pack has over 250 Printed Resource Pages - so if 30 children require a copy - there are 30 printed copies, or if for 6 groups, 6 copies are included etc.)
- There’s ‘The Road Crossing Song’ CD (for ages 5-7 - although older children have enjoyed singing it too!)
- AND bookmarks with The 5alive Code for Crossing the Road - which provides children with an easy way to learn the what and how of crossing a road - and when used every time a child crosses the road enables children to make wiser and safer choices.
- Each Project pack - Primary, Junior, or Infant has materials (bookmarks and Printed Resource Pages) for 240 children. Everything else can be re-used time and time again (Booklets, CD, DVD)
Please browse through our Primary Schools Project Packages, so you can select the appropriate package for your school. You can also benefit from reduced prices by buying directly from our website.
If you would prefer to buy via purchase order, Please use this link to visit our Contacts Page where you can your download our order form..